Director of Digital Services - ICT
Ocorian is an independent fund, corporate and private client service provider, recognised for our commercial expertise and dynamic culture that supports investment success for our clients.
Purpose of the job
Best in class digital services are critical to Ocorian in support of local, regional and global digital initiatives that are furthering back-office speed/cost/accuracy together with enabling innovative client facing products.
The Director of Digital Services will work closely with technology colleagues to provide both package implementation and the development of software in a variety of platforms/languages. The aim is to provide a seamless service from application and platform ideation through design, development, testing, release and life-cycle support and maintenance. They will coordinate a multi-country community of developers, promoting development best practice including application architecture design, coding standards, development environments and tools, ways of working (Agile, LEAN etc), UX/UI standards. Ensuring our digital products and services delight our customers (internal and external) and providing them with better outcomes.
Overall this role will be responsible for the delivery and overall success of software development and implementation including:
- Building, managing and growing a global development team that provides best in class digital development capability. Identifying, attracting, recruiting and retaining key talent and expertise. Ensuring team members stay up to date with the latest technologies and techniques
- Developing the Digital Vision and delivery of the technology strategy through coordination of automation initiatives, development of tools and systems for collecting, managing and visualizing data and working closely with clients/customers to design, implement, test and deliver new digital products and services.
- Create, champion, embed and manage a common pipeline for development used by the entire organisation as highly professional digital development and delivery mechanism.
- Liaising with Business Leaders and clients to understand their business operations and needs for digital products and services.
- Providing advice to business development and bid teams on digital solutions to client needs.
- Promoting digital development best practice – standards, approaches and tools. Supporting and coordinating a virtual community of digital developers across the company, building positive relationships with teams in other territories
- Providing life-cycle management of existing products and ensuring they continue to provide state of the art functionality.
- Developing digital platforms that enable rapid development of multiple applications at marginal cost.
- Software vendor management including both technical and development software vendors. Negotiation of licensing and subscriptions.
- Promoting the use of effective development methodologies including Agile, LEAN, etc.
- Developing relationships with third parties that can help accelerate development with specialist skills or expertise.
- Tracking emerging technologies and tools that can enable the delivery of new functionality or enable functionality to be delivered more effectively, scale better or be more easily maintained.
- Working closely with the CIO and the IT management team to ensure the successful delivery of the technology strategy and digital projects in support of the Digital Vision and Ocorian’s Strategy
- Management of the Digital Services Budget
The ideal candidate should be an acknowledged leader in the field with:
- Substantial experience of successful software delivery in a business-to-business sector, preferably with Financial Services experience
- Educated to degree level, ideally with an appropriate professional qualification
- Management of an off-shore software development team and of working as part of a global team
- A thorough understanding of digital development techniques and methods
- The ability to simplify the complex technical issues and tailor key messages for the relevant stakeholder group
- IT experience at a strategic level within an international or global business
- An analytical mind set with great problem-solving abilities
- Extensive 3rd party contractual and negotiating experience
- Excellent communication skills and can demonstrate an ability to resolve resource and project conflicts
- Business acumen with a strategic ability
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- A team player
+44 (0)1534 507018