Compliance Manager, Funds - Risk and Compliance
Ocorian is an independent fund, corporate and private client service provider, recognised for our commercial expertise and dynamic culture that supports investment success for our clients.
Purpose of the job
To monitor and develop the controls in place within Ocorian Fund Services (Jersey) Limited (OFS) ensuring compliance with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements. Providing technical support and guidance to the fund administrators within OFS in connection with all services provided by the business line.
- Appointed Compliance Officer on all the FSB Managed Entities and Certified Funds.
- Regular monitoring of processes on a risk based approach in order to identify trends in non-compliance and identification of root causes and reporting of same.
- Maintenance of registers as required by the Financial Services (Jersey) Law 1988 - Codes of Practice.
- Signing off on the adequacy of CDD for new and existing business across the OFS to include the maintenance of relevant Compliance records.
- Regular sampling of entities to include producing analysis of the results and monitoring the central record of any deficiencies highlighted.
- Collating information and preparation of reports to provide key information to both the board and managers on both a regular and ad-hoc basis.
- Defining, undertaking and/or assisting with ad hoc OFS compliance related projects.
- Assisting with the review, development and maintenance of the business's policies, procedures and the compliance manual.
- Undertaking ad hoc OFS client/matter reviews as requested.
- Monitoring the regulatory and legislative environment (including AML/CFT) in order to identify impending changes that may be required to the system of internal control. Advising the business of the opportunities and threats that these changes present.
- Provide advice and guidance to the business and where relevant, other compliance staff to enable the business to operate efficiently and effectively in meeting its regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Carry out any compliance related function/activity required by the Head of Group Compliance or directors from time to time.
- Table 4 Qualification as set out in the Financial Services (Jersey) Law 1998 Codes of Practice. A compliance qualification would be deemed advantageous.
- 5 or more years fund administration and/or Jersey compliance experience.
- Sound technical knowledge with a comprehensive understanding of local legislatory, regulatory and codes of practice relating to the trust industry.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Computer literacy is essential.
- Enthusiasm and flexibility.
- Able to deal comfortably with staff at all levels.
- Methodical and accurate approach with an eye for detail.
- Self motivated and proactive.
- The ability to manage time effectively and to prioritise and organise workflow.
- Analytical and investigative skills.
+44 (0)1534 507018