Assistant Manager (Contract) - Alternative Investments
Ocorian is an independent fund, corporate and private client service provider, recognised for our commercial expertise and dynamic culture that supports investment success for our clients.
Fund Services aims to be the partner of choice to investment managers and investors providing a full outsourced servicing solution for all their real estate, private equity and infrastructure fund investment needs with 24/7 online access to their investment data. We offer smart people using smart technology having unique capability to oversee and administer fund and investment structures domiciled anywhere in the world.
Purpose of the job
To provide professional fund administration services to a varied portfolio of clients for which Ocorian provides services. To assist a Manager with the management of the fund administration team and at all times to comply with the Policies and Procedures of Ocorian Services Limited.
- To administer a portfolio of funds and other entities including more complex, demanding and/or high risk cases and ensure all activities fall within the guidelines/stipulations of the statutory or governing documents.
- To ensure the tax status of entities is observed with the timely completion of tax returns and the payment of any notified tax liability.
- To deal with incoming correspondence expeditiously. Reference should be made to the relevant supervisor if the demands of the correspondence exceed capabilities.
- To prepare detailed attendance notes of any telephone communication and circulate to relevant members of staff.
- When required, to prepare minutes and other meeting documents.
- To take responsibility for being the immediate point of contact in client relationships.
- To oversee the maintenance of the accounting records and preparation of annual accounts where this forms part of the services provided by Ocorian, where appropriate, through effective liaison with the Client Accounting Solutions team.
- To manage the billing process, reviewing billing proformas/draft invoices where appropriate, at established frequencies and to discuss these with the Manager/Director prior to processing.
- To ensure that database records are input on formation/establishment (including any statutory registers or other records) and updated when circumstances change.
- To monitor the aged debt position of matters under administration and to liaise with the Accounts Department and Directors to ensure that a tight control is maintained over the value and length of aged debts.
- To undertake periodic reviews of clients' matters in accordance with the timetable set by the Director.
- To ensure that during periods of absence from the office, the relevant manager and colleagues are informed and fully briefed of any anticipated client related matters which may arise during the period of absence. In the event that colleagues are absent from the office to undertake administration of matters allocated to colleagues as required, to ensure the needs of the client are met.
- Escalating any issues/risks arising promptly to the Manager or Directors where appropriate.
- To maintain a good understanding of local Regulatory requirements.
- To act as an authorised signatory in accordance with the Ocorian's Policy & Procedures.
- Carry out any function/activity required by the Manager, Management team or Directors from time to time.
To assist the Manager, providing daily support as requested and deputising in their absence. This will include but may not be limited to:
- Overseeing the work of administrators, checking and controlling the workloads, carrying out monthly tray reviews, overseeing the completion of periodic reviews, book-keeping and accounts preparation, minute preparation, billing, fee collection and aged debt, dealing with inward and outward mail and generally ensure a positive and expeditious approach to client affairs, always ensuring that Ocorian's Policy and Procedures are adhered to.
- Being aware of risk exposure and ensuring Risk/Review procedures are followed at all times, being aware of the need for professional advice and have a good understanding of local Regulatory matters. Escalating any issues arising promptly to other members of the management team including Directors where appropriate.
- Assisting the Manager with various aspects of team management, to include involvement in the annual staff appraisal process as appropriate, holiday management, personal and professional development of team members, training and motivation.
- Ideally the post holder will have completed a professional/relevant qualification to Diploma Level (e.g. ICSA/STEP).
- Ideally a minimum of 7 years relevant funds/trust and company administration experience.
- As a result of study and experience possess a comprehensive understanding and strong technical knowledge of funds/trust administration, Jersey Company Law and the tax implications of various structures
- Some supervisory experience, although support and training will be provided to develop the required skills
- Strong IT skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A solution driven attitude to problems.
- Ability to work using own initiative and make decisions within corporate policies.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
+44 (0)1534 507018