Administrator - Real Estate
Ocorian is an independent business providing offshore specialist financial services to both private and institutional clients globally.
Specifically, our funds team provides specialist fund and investment services, currently with assets under administration of more than US$30 billion.
Fund Services aims to be the partner of choice to investment managers and investors providing a full outsourced servicing solution for all their real estate, private equity and infrastructure fund investment needs with 24/7 online access to their investment data. We offer smart people using smart technology unique capability to oversee and administer fund and investment structures domiciled anywhere in the world.
Purpose of the job
To provide professional fund administration services to a varied portfolio of clients for which Ocorian provides services and at all times to comply with the Policies and Procedures of Ocorian Services Limited.
- To administer a portfolio of funds and other entities and to ensure all activities fall within the guidelines/stipulations of the statutory or governing documents.
- To ensure the tax status of entities is observed with the timely completion of tax returns and the payment of any notified tax liability.
- To deal with incoming correspondence expeditiously. Reference should be made to the relevant supervisor if the demands of the correspondence exceed capabilities.
- To prepare detailed attendance notes of any telephone communication and circulate to relevant members of staff.
- When required, to prepare minutes and other meeting documents.
- To take responsibility for being the immediate point of contact in client relationships.
- To oversee the maintenance of the accounting records and preparation of annual accounts where this forms part of the services provided by Ocorian, where appropriate, through effective liaison with the Client Accounting Solutions team.
- To manage the billing process, reviewing billing proformas/draft invoices where appropriate, at established frequencies and to discuss these with the Manager/Director prior to processing.
- To ensure that database records are input on formation/establishment (including any statutory registers or other records) and updated when circumstances change.
- To monitor the aged debt position of matters under administration and to liaise with the Accounts Department and Directors to ensure that a tight control is maintained over the value and length of aged debts.
- To undertake periodic reviews of clients' matters in accordance with the timetable set by the Director.
- To mentor and support the training of more junior members of staff with supervision and guidance from the Manager.
- To ensure that during periods of absence from the office, the relevant manager and colleagues are informed and fully briefed of any anticipated client related matters which may arise during the period of absence. In the event that colleagues are absent from the office to undertake administration of matters allocated to colleagues as required, to ensure the needs of the client are met.
- Escalating any issues/risks arising promptly to the manager or Directors where appropriate.
- To ensure an awareness and understanding of local Regulatory requirements.
- Carry out any function/activity required by the Manager, Management Team or Directors from time to time.
- Educated to A level or degree standard.
- A minimum of two years funds/trust and company administration experience.
- Ideally have completed a professional/relevant qualification to Certificate Level (e.g. ICSA/STEP).
- The post requires good technical knowledge with an understanding of local funds/company and trust law and regulations.
- Strong IT skills.
- Good interpersonal skills are required to develop close working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Flexibility, energy and enthusiasm.
- A solution driven attitude to problems.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work methodically and accurately.
- Team spirit.
Resourcing Manager - HR
+44 (0)1534 507018