We are an independent fund, corporate and private client service provider, recognised for our commercial expertise and dynamic culture that supports investment success for our clients.
Purpose of the job:
To assist the delivery of a first class depository administration service to the clients of Ocorian.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation matching the balance per the bank statement to the balance per the Alternative Investment Funds general ledger.
- Perform monthly significant transaction testing on the general ledger and link supporting documentation, to include drawdowns, distributions, investments and expenses.
- Perform quarterly reconciliation of cash movements to and from investments.
- Perform quarterly reconciliation of the valuation on the capital account statement to the valuation schedule.
- Escalate any differences during the reconciliation and testing process to the Depositary Manager.
- Escalate any missing supporting documents to the Depositary Manager.
- Ensure all supporting documentation is filed in the correct folders.
- Ensure any new business is taken on in an efficient and timely manner in accordance with the Ocorian new client checklists and procedures, and set up any new spreadsheets and reports that may be required.
- If appropriate, highlight any improvements to procedures and/or checklists to the Depositary Manager.
To qualify for the role:
- Be educated to degree standard.
- Ideally the post holder will be willing to work towards a professional/relevant qualification (e.g ICSA/STEP).
- The post requires good technical knowledge with an understanding of fund administration.
- Strong IT skills.
- Strong IT skills, in particular Excel.
- Methodical and accurate approach with an eye for detail.
- Good interpersonal skills are required to develop and maintain close working relationships with colleagues and third parties.
- The ability to manage time effectively and to prioritise and organise workflow.