Associate Director – Corporate Services
Associate Director – Corporate Services
We are an independent fund, corporate and private client service provider, recognised for our commercial expertise and dynamic culture that supports investment success for our clients.
Purpose of the job:
- The Associate Director will have the responsibility of a cell of multi-disciplinary team members in the field of corporate administration, company secretarial and relationship management staff and ensure that the objectives and performance indicators of the cell are fully achieved.
- As part of the cluster’s management team, the Associate Director will take operational responsibility for the teams/cells within the cluster, acting as a role model and ambassador for Ocorian by instilling a positive, high performance culture across the cells to attract, recruit and retain the best people. The Associate Director will provide overall guidance to Managers for day-to-day human resources matters of the cells falling under his/her responsibility.
- Support the Managers in meeting their Revenue/GP target. Contribute and drive the financial performance of the cells by monitoring, managing and reporting on team and individual KPIs to achieve cell’s annual billings, collection targets and budgets.
- Develop the Ocorian business by meeting/exceeding Business Development targets, contributing to Business Development initiatives focused on existing clients and providing technical support for generation of ‘New Existing’ business.
- Participate in the management of the cells, taking overall responsibility for overseeing a team of Managers responsible for the day-to-day delivery of client services to a portfolio of corporate and/ or trust and/or alternative investment structures, including supporting the on-boarding and off-boarding of client entities when required.
- Co-ordinate the cells to deliver the highest standard of client service at all times, including the completion of key client deliverables ensuring that of client’s deadlines are met, liasing with other functional/team Managers within Ocorian, Client Directors and external third parties. Work close with team members to ensure growth in fees through business development to existing clients.
- Leverage on the relationship with existing clients to promote other services of the group.
- Build and maintain relationship with clients to better understand their needs and deliver according to the required service level.
- Identify, establish and nurture relationships with client contacts and beneficial owners of clients’ entities.
- Work closely with the staff in the cell to look at opportunities for growth in services and fees from the existing client base.
- Proactively look at the opportunities for client development and marketing of services of Ocorian Group to the existing client base.
- Connect and introduce our existing client base to potential partners, clients and financiers
- Attend meetings, trade shows, conferences on behalf of Ocorian Group or when requested by clients.
- Develop positive and long-lasting client relationships between client contacts, their advisors and intermediaries.
- Monitor the work of team members, manage, motivate, recruit and develop staff, including the development of skills and capability through on-going training.
- Monitor team members’ timesheet, WIP, efficiency, recoverability and debtors in view of achieving the financial objectives and work efficiency.
- Provide support and advice in view of developing and up-skilling the team members.
- Allocate work according to capacity and capability of team members to ensure achievement of objectives.
- Lead staff meetings to ensure effective communication in the cell.
- Act as a role model by embodying the Ocorian values and behaviours at all times (see Page 3).
- Promote excellence by embedding the Ocorian Performance Management framework across your cells, setting clear, consistent objectives for your teams, mentoring and coaching staff and proactively managing under performance.
- Manage the team’s fees to ensure that billing is completed accurately and timely in accordance with client contracts. Ensure that bills are issued within requisite internal timeframes and that agreed margins are maintained in the delivery of client services.
- Undertake fee reviews.
- Ensure Utilisation targets are met.
- Track the profitability of the cell by comparing revenue from client’s in the portfolio with time cost spent by staff of the cell and monitor operational performance to ensure that the cell is on track to meet its budget.
- Ensure client bills are raised and settled promptly to minimise aged debtors or there is a proactive approach to WIP Management and all aged debt.
- Generate new-existing business development opportunities for Ocorian across all locations, (including cross selling and up selling) and where applicable co-ordinate the on-boarding of new business. Take an active role in client networking.
- Regularly monitor the KPIs of the team members and ensure that they are meeting the predefined set of objectives.
- Take corrective measures whenever there are deviations from the performance measures.
- Ensure that the performance measures are understood by all cell members.
- Work with the cell members in order to ensure that that they are fully utilized and are optimally efficient in their day to day operations.
- Ensure compliance in the day to day administration of corporate and related entities within the cell and ensure that compliance dashboards are maintained accordingly.
- Liaise with authorities and relevant stakeholders whenever required on the portfolio of clients within the cell.
- Assist the Client Director to ensure the risks associated with corporate and other structures in the portfolio of the cell is well understood and that risks pertaining to transactions are properly mitigated.
- Ensure the risks associated with clients in the portfolio of the cell are well understood and that risks pertaining to transactions are properly mitigated.
- Ensure technology is utilised and developed so as to maximise its use and functionality enabling the ongoing development of client services and improved operational efficiency.
- Ensure the team comply with Ocorian's and Ocorian policies and procedures at all times. Ensure business risk is managed at all times and that breaches or complaints are managed proactively and reported within requiste timeframes.
- Be actively involved in new client take-on.
- Support the Client Director in identifying and pursing leads for New Existing.
- Act as an authorised signatory/officer in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Provide expertise, advice and guidance to the business as required, including the participation on commitees and working group.
Restrictions on day-to-day responsibilities:
- No new business is to be taken on unless it has been approved by the New Business Acceptance Committee.
- To act as an authorised signatory and authorised officer for the Ocorian Limited board and Ocorian subsidiaries in the relevant jurisdiction in accordance with the approved Delegated Authorities in place and only in relation to familiar client structures and divisional line.
- Agreeing fees, writing off fees or writing down fees only with prior approval of Line Manager and in accordance with the approved Delegated Authorities in place.
- Agree to the sign off of risk/compliance reviews and corrective action points only after the consultation and approval of line manager and Ocorian's lead director for the client structure concerned.
- Information Security.
- Comply with all information security policies, procedures and guidelines in place at Ocorian to ensure information security.
- Protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all information on Ocorian, its clients and employees at all times to safeguard the professional reputation of Ocorian, its employees and its clients.
To qualify for the role:
- Should be a degree holder and/or possess a relevant professional qualification either as a lawyer, chartered accountant, chartered surveyor or company secretary.
- Should meet the approved person regime in accordance with local regulatory requirements.
- A minimum of 6 years’ operational experience in fiduciary administration/financial services, (with a least 4 years in a supervisory/ managerial role in corporate services.
- As a result of study and experience possess a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- Strategic vision /big picture thinking.
- Analytical & decision-making.
- Innovation & change.
- Leading and supervising.
- Persuading & influencing.
- Interpersonal relationship & networking.