PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Accurately process accounting records and prepare semi-complex financial statements and management accounts in accordance with the designated accounting framework(s). To review the work of and provide guidance to the Junior Accountant(s), where applicable
- Prepare and post final bookkeeping entries required for producing financial statements and management accounts for semi-complex clients.
- Perform bank, investment and any other reconciliations.
- Prepare and review VAT returns for clients.
- Provide accounting support to Client Accounting staff and assist with ad-hoc projects as may be required from time to time.
- Prepare annual financial statements in accordance with appropriate accounting standards and, management accounts from the accounting records of the semi-complex client entities.
- Assist the Assistant Manager / Manager in preparing financial statements for the orderly liquidation of entities in line with the applicable deadlines.
- Review the work of and provide guidance (where applicable) to the Junior Accountant(s) and Assistant Accountant(s) whenever required, ensuring suppliers, loans, income have been bookkept accurately in accordance to establish procedures.
- Liaise with the appointed Auditors to complete the audit of financial statements in accordance with defined timetables.
- Assist the Assistant Manager/Manager, providing daily support as requested. This will include but may not be limited to
- Support the on-going development of the team through involvement in the coaching, training and motivation of team members with supervision and guidance from the Assistant Manager/Manager.
- Ensuring working papers and checklist for each deliverable is kept to the required standards and/or agreed upon procedures.
- Provide accounting service to clients in various jurisdictions within the Ocorian Group.
- ACCA/ACA fully qualified and/or be experienced by virtue of relevant experience.
- Finance Industry and or Accounting/Auditing experience within or with exposure to the Aircraft Leasing / Section 110 environment is desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in preparing client accounts.
- Basic knowledge of IFRS. Knowledge of UK GAAP and other relevant accounting frameworks is an advantage.
- Experience in preparing Central Bank quarterly statistical returns from Annual and Quarterly management accounts is an advantage.
- Experience with Navision and Value Financials is desirable.
- Well versed in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong technical skills in accounting field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Solid organisational skills (able to work using own initiative, control own work load and prioritise matters as appropriate).
- Ability to work methodically and accurately.
- Excellent team player.
- Flexible, energetic and enthusiastic.
- Ambitious to learn and be challenged.
- Detailed oriented.
- Committed to quality and delivering on time.
- Effective problem solver.
THE POST HOLDER WILL BE EXPECTED TO:
- Embrace Ocorian's core values of: